Saturday 7 January 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1950 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Erin Gray: American actress, a cast member of the TV series of the '80s, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century;" female lead in the series "Silver Spoons,"1982.
- Juan Gabriel: Mexican singer and songwriter.
- Ross Grimsley: American baseball player and coach.
- Malcolm Macdonald: English footballer and manager.
- Erin Gray in Honolulu: Hawaii; actress (Silver Spoons, Buck Rogers).
- Happy as Larry closes at Coronet Theater NYC after 3 performances
- Mental health wing of Mercy Hospital burns, kills 41 (Davenport, Iowa).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Master Painter - Peggy Lee & Mel Torme
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?