Saturday 7 January 1950, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erin Gray in Honolulu and Erin Gray.
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky King, Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1950 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Erin Gray in Honolulu: Hawaii; actress (Silver Spoons, Buck Rogers).
- Erin Gray: American actress, a cast member of the TV series of the '80s, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century;" female lead in the series "Silver Spoons,"1982.
- Juan Gabriel: Mexican singer and songwriter.
- Ross Grimsley: American baseball player and coach.
- Malcolm Macdonald: English footballer and manager.
- Happy as Larry closes at Coronet Theater NYC after 3 performances
- Mental health wing of Mercy Hospital burns, kills 41 (Davenport, Iowa).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Master Painter - Peggy Lee & Mel Torme
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?