Wednesday 7 January 1953, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Wilber and Marcel Joller.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
The Little World of Don Camillo, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Favorite Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1953 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Earl Wilber: Force "Wire" Lindo; rocker (Bob Marley and the Wailers).
- Marcel Joller: Swiss actor, clown and cabaret entertainer billed as the "literary clown.
- Leslie Mándoki: Hungarian musician, a drummer and percussionist with the group Dschinghis Khan, and as a solo artist.
- Robert Longo: American painter and sculptor.
- Morris Titanic: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Osa Johnson: American director and explorer (d. 1953).
- US President Harry Truman announces development of the hydrogen bomb.
- President Harry Truman announces that the United States has developed a hydrogen bomb.
- President Harry S. Truman announces the United States has developed a hydrogen bomb.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?