Tuesday 7 January 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1958 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Donna Rice in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; model/Gary Hart's alleged lover.
- Peter R: Mokaba; president (South African Youth Congress).
- Donna Rice: American news figure, a pharmaceutical company sales representative and part-time actress in Miami in May, 1987 when the news story broke about her Bahamas pleasure cruise with Colorado Senator Gary Hart aboard his yacht, Monkey Business.
- Paul Clemens: American juvenile actor and noted family, the fourth and last child of actress Eleanor Parker and portrait painter Paul Clemens.
- Maurizio Donadoni: Italian film, stage and television actor.
- Petru Groza: Premier / President (Romania, 1945-58), dies at 74.
- USSR shrinks army to 300,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Lord Rockingham's XI - Hoots Mon
- Lonnie Donegan - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Starring Warren Covington - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- My Special Angel - Malcolm Vaughan
- Frank Sinatra - All The Way / Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 January 1958 and get them!