Tuesday 7 January 1958, Orthodox Christmas
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1958 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Donna Rice in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; model/Gary Hart's alleged lover.
- Peter R: Mokaba; president (South African Youth Congress).
- Paul Clemens: American juvenile actor and noted family, the fourth and last child of actress Eleanor Parker and portrait painter Paul Clemens.
- Maurizio Donadoni: Italian film, stage and television actor.
- Donna Rice: American news figure, a pharmaceutical company sales representative and part-time actress in Miami in May, 1987 when the news story broke about her Bahamas pleasure cruise with Colorado Senator Gary Hart aboard his yacht, Monkey Business.
- Petru Groza: Premier / President (Romania, 1945-58), dies at 74.
- USSR shrinks army to 300,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Lord Rockingham's XI - Hoots Mon
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- Lonnie Donegan - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Starring Warren Covington - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- My Special Angel - Malcolm Vaughan
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Frank Sinatra - All The Way / Chicago
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?