Wednesday 7 January 1970, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Doug E Doug and Paul McCallum Canadian Football League/WLAF kicker/punter (Scottish Claymores.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1970 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Doug E Doug: American actor.
- Paul McCallum Canadian Football League/WLAF kicker/punter (Scottish Claymores: Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Frank "Cliff" Mannon in Amarillo: Texas, USA; team handball (Olympics-1996).
- Darryl Williams NFL safety (Seattle Seahawks: Cincinnati Bengals).
- Joao Ricardo: Angolan footballer.
- Andy Burnham: English politician Secretary of State for Health
- Todd Day: American basketball player and coach
- Doug Doug: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- Robert [Harriot] Barrat: Actor (Bad Lands, Go West), dies at 81.
- Farmers sue Max Yasgur for US$35,000 in damages caused by "Woodstock".
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 January 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?