Sunday 7 January 1973, Orthodox Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Dunn in Glenn Cove and Ricky Wood in Van Nuys.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kamiondzije.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1973 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Robert Dunn in Glenn Cove: New York, USA; team handball left wing (Olympics-1996).
- Ricky Wood in Van Nuys: California, USA; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Brian Milne: fullback (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Bobby Engram: wide receiver (Chicago Bears).
- Baiba Broka: Latvian actress.
- Jonna Tervomaa: Finnish singer
- Purlie closes at Billy Rose Theater NYC after 14 performances
- WNPB TV channel 13 in Marquette, MI (PBS) begins broadcasting
- British Darts Organization founded in North London.
- US poet James Merrill wins Bollingen Prize.
- Johnny Watkins bowls six overs 0-21 versus Pakistan Never again.
- Mark Essex fatally shoots 10 people and wounds 13 others at Howard Johnson's Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana before being shot to death by police officers.
- Elvis Presley's concert in Hawaii. The first worldwide telecast by an entertainer watched by more people than watched the Apollo moon landings.
- Super Bowl VII: The Miami Dolphins defeat the Washington Redskins, 14–7, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, to complete the NFL's first Perfect Season in front of 90,182 fans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Gary Glitter - I Love You Love Me Love
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Long Haired Lover From Liverpool
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- David Bowie - The Jean Genie
- The Sweet - Blockbuster
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- T Rex - Solid Gold Easy Action
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
- The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?