Wednesday 7 January 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 January 2009 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 January
- Maria Dimitriadi: Greek singer (Born 1950).
- 35th Annual People's Choice Awards in the USA
- The United States Congressional Budget Office estimates that the federal government will run a record $1.2 trillion budget deficit in fiscal year 2009, that the current recession will last well into this year, and that the enactment of an economic-stimulus plan would increase that deficit. (MarketWatch)
- Satyam Computer Services chairman Ramalinga Raju admits to accounting fraud and resigns. (CNN-IBN)
- Israel and Hamas resume hostilities after a three-hour respite to allow humanitarian aid to reach Gaza. (Sky News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?