Thursday 7 January 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Book of Eli, directed by The Hughes Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 January 2010 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 January
- The Xinhua news agency responds to claims by The Guardian newspaper that China had tried “hijack” the Copenhagen summit's Accord by claiming that the Chinese premier Wen Jiabao was not invited to secret US-initiated talks on December 17. (China Dialogue)
- A weekend killing in Australia has prompted the Indian government to issue an advisory for its college students studying in that country. (Indian Express)
- Extreme weather in Europe kills nine people in Germany, traps a Eurostar train in the Channel Tunnel, disrupts flights at international airports in Amsterdam, Dublin, Knock and Paris, shuts hundreds of schools in Ireland and disrupts Norway's bus service in Oslo. (BBC)
- An ABB employee commits suicide after shooting eight people, three fatally, at the ABB Power building in St. Louis, Missouri in the United States. (CNN)
- James Cameron's film ''Avatar'' is expected to become the second-highest grossing movie of all time, just passing ''The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King''. (MTV)
- The BBC's ''Spotlight'' programme reveals that Iris Robinson, former UK MP and wife of the First Minister of Northern Ireland, helped a 19 year old male who she was having a relationship with receive funding for a business project. (''The Guardian'')
- A Burmese court sentences two officials to death and one to imprisonment for leaking details of secret government visits to North Korea and Russia. (BBC)
- The governments of Australia and New Zealand announce an investigation into an incident where a boat belonging to the anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd Conservation Society was damaged in a confrontation with a Japanese ship in the Southern Ocean. (Reuters)
- Kenya deports to Gambia a radical Jamaican Muslim cleric who is on a global terror watch list. (AllAfrica.com)
- Palestinians fire mortars and Katyusha rocket from Gaza, causing widespread panic in Ashkelon, Israel, in the first such rocket attack on Israel in a year. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Guinea's interim leader, General Sékouba Konaté, proposes a unity government led by a Prime Minister from the opposition. (African Press Agency)
- At least four militants are dead after a 23-hour gun battle at a hotel in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir. (''Indian Express'')
- The United States approves arms sales to Taiwan, amid opposition from China. (AFP)
- Aid agencies warn of renewed violence in Southern Sudan unless there are attempts to save the 2005 peace agreement, as 140 people are killed in ethnic clashes. (''Khaleej Times'')
- At least six Coptic Christians are killed in a drive-by shooting at a church in Nag Hammadi, southern Egypt, with clashes later taking place between police and Copts. (CNN)
- Nepal begins discharging child soldiers who fought for the Maoists as part of a process of national reconciliation. (''The Guardian'')
- United Nations Special Rapporteur Philip Alston says three independent experts have confirmed that mobile phone video footage showing extra-judicial killings by the Sri Lankan military is authentic. (Channel 4 News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?