Saturday 7 January 2012, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 7 January 2012 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Blue Carter: American child of noted family, the first child of Beyonce and Jay-Z.
- At least 37 people are killed in two days of attacks in northeastern Nigeria, after radical Islamic group Boko Haram issues an ultimatum for all Christians to leave the north. (Reuters)
- Iran praises the United States Navy after American sailors rescued Iranian fishermen from armed pirates in the Arabian Sea. (CNN)
- Several of Bosnia's leading cultural institutions are due to close following funding disputes. The affected institutions include the National Library, the National Museum, the Historical Museum and the National Gallery. (NPR)
- A hot air balloon crashes near Carterton, New Zealand, killing all eleven onboard. The accident was reportedly caused by a collision with a power line. (Fox News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?