Sunday 7 July 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1901!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1901 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Gustav Knuth: German actor who made his debut in "Der Ammenkonig" in 1935.
- Sam Katzman: American director and producer (d. 1973).
- Eiji Tsuburaya: Japanese cinematographer and producer (d. 1970).
- Fermín Revueltas: Mexican painter, the son of Gregorio Revueltas Gutiérrez and his wife Romana Sánchez Arias.
- Louis Bugnard: Foix physician.
- Vittorio De Sica: Italian film director, the winner of Oscars for "Shoeshine," 1946 and "Bicycle Thief," 1948. He worked as a bank accountant before he began acting in a stage company in Rome, 1923. De Sica was discovered by the ladies in 1930 as a romantic lead. In 1954, he was nominated for an Oscar for his role in "A Farewell to Arms." De Sica acted in 32 films before he began directing.
- Johanna Spyri: Swiss-born author of stories for children, widely known for her book "Heidi".
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?