Friday 7 July 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1911 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Eddie Mayehoff: Baltimore, Maryland -- Actor (Hour Glass, How to Murder Your Wife).
- Gian-Carlo Menotti: Italy -- Composer (Amahl & Night Visitors).
- Joan Perry Cohn Harvey: Actress (Hands of a Stranger).
- Gretchen Franklin: English actress and dancer (d. 2005).
- Gian Menotti: Italian-American Pulitzer-Prize-winning composer, dramatist and director as well as one of the most often performed composers of operas, renowned for bringing to traditional opera a contemporary feel.
- 28th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: D Chambers beats D Boothby (60 60)
- Dorothea Lambert Chambers beats Dora Boothby 6-0, 6-0 in a record.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?