Friday 7 July 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Mayehoff and Gian-Carlo Menotti.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1911 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Eddie Mayehoff: Baltimore, Maryland -- Actor (Hour Glass, How to Murder Your Wife).
- Gian-Carlo Menotti: Italy -- Composer (Amahl & Night Visitors).
- Joan Perry Cohn Harvey: Actress (Hands of a Stranger).
- Gian Menotti: Italian-American Pulitzer-Prize-winning composer, dramatist and director as well as one of the most often performed composers of operas, renowned for bringing to traditional opera a contemporary feel.
- Gretchen Franklin: English actress and dancer (d. 2005).
- 28th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: D Chambers beats D Boothby (60 60)
- Dorothea Lambert Chambers beats Dora Boothby 6-0, 6-0 in a record.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - Mother Machree
- Steamboat Bill - Arthur Collins
- Tell Her I Love Her So - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?