Monday 7 July 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Howard and Jim Rodford.
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1941 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Michael Howard: British politician, leader of the Conservative Party beginning in November 2003.
- Jim Rodford: British musician, a member of the "Kinks".
- Christopher Beeny: English actor.
- Marco Bollesan: Italian rugby player and coach.
- Nancy Farmer: American author.
- Bill Oddie: English comedian and ornithologist
- Nazis executed 5,000 Jews in Kovono Lithuania
- US forces land in Iceland to defend the mid-Atlantic base.
- World War II: U.S. forces land in Iceland, taking over from an earlier British occupation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 July 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?