Friday 7 July 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Winchester '73, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1950 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Michael Hawes: American photographer who had his own business in February 1979.
- Pedro Aspe: Mexican politician and treasurer.
- Drew Lawrence: Canadian pro Vedic astrologer and Sanskrit translator.
- 1st Farnborough airshow held
- 64th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Budge Patty beats Sedgman (61 8-10 62 63)
- 79th British Golf Open: Bobby Locke shoots a 279 at Royal Troon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?