Wednesday 7 July 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1954 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Cherry O'Neill: American child of a noted family, she was the first born daughter of singer Pat Boone.
- Anne Méaux: French businesswoman, the president and founder of Image 7, a communications consulting firm founded in 1988.
- Jehan Bertrán de Balanda: French trainer of galloping racehorses.
- Sandy Johnson: American model and actress.
- Rami Fortis: Israeli rock singer (Minimal Compact).
- Idabelle Smith Firestone: American composer and songwriter (Born 1874).
- T.A.N.U. party founded in Tanzania.
- Elvis Presley made his radio debut when WHBQ Memphis played his first recording for Sun Records, ''That's All Right.''
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?