Tuesday 7 July 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Campbell and Jessica Hahn.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juke Box Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1959 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Bill Campbell: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Rocketeer).
- Jessica Hahn: American news figure with a penchant for preachers.
- Alessandro Nannini: Italian race car driver who drove in Formula I for Minardi during the1986 season.
- Billy Campbell: American actor.
- Kerstin Knabe: German hurdler.
- 26th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 5-4 at Forbes Field, Pittsburgh
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 July 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Frankie Avalon - Bobby Sox To Stockings
- Connie Francis - Frankie
- Fabian - Tiger
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?