Thursday 7 July 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Bierman and Ralph Sampson NBA center (Golden State Warriors.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1960 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Barbara Bierman: Miami, Florida -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open-13th - 1994).
- Ralph Sampson NBA center (Golden State Warriors: Houston Rockets).
- Kevin A Ford: American astronaut.
- Peter Limbourg: German lawyer, journalist and news anchor.
- Vincent Peillon: French politician who was Minister for Education in the French Government.
- Neth-US cemetery Margraten official opens
- USSR shoots down a US aircraft over Barents sea.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 July 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Paul Anka - My Home Town
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?