Tuesday 7 July 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Get Around by The Beach Boys.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1964 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Lillian Copeland: American discus thrower (Born 1904).
- 35th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-4 at Shea Stadium, New York
- All star MVP: John Callison (Philadelphia Phillies)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Chuck Berry - No Particular Place To Go
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?