Saturday 7 July 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Hairspray, directed by Adam Shankman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Say What.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ARMA: Queen's Gambit or Champions of Regnum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 7 July 2007 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 July
- Live Earth Concerts are held throughout 9 major cities around the world.
- Pope Benedict XVI removes restrictions on celebrating the old Latin Mass, reviving an ancient Roman Rite Mass liturgy that was essentially abolished after the Second Vatican Council. (Wahington Post via ''AP'')
- The New Seven Wonders of the World are announced. These are The Great Wall of China, Petra in Jordan, the Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil, Machu Picchu in Peru, Mexico's Chichen Itza Mayan site, the Colosseum in Rome and the Taj Mahal in India. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- A bus crash in Java kills at least 14 people. 48 people were injured, many seriously. (AP via the Guardian)
- The Government of Afghanistan states that it will investigate claims that United States and NATO air strikes caused heavy civilian casualties in Farah Province and Kunar Province. (Reuters)
- King Gyanendra of Nepal celebrates his 60th birthday amid protests by students and youth wings of eight ruling parties.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?