Wednesday 7 June 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1911 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Franz Reizenstein: Composer.
- Silas Roy Crain: Singer / arranger / songwriter.
- Brooks Stevens: American engineer and designer designed the Wienermobile (d. 1995).
- Mario Perazzolo: Italy sport Champion.
- Maurice Rouvier: French statesman who had some success in balancing the budget during periods of his seven terms as Minister of Finance, and two terms as Prime Minister of the Third Republic.
- Mexican Revolution: Francisco Madero arrives in Mexico City just after a local earthquake.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - John McCormack
- All Aboard for Blanket Bay - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?