Saturday 7 June 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1958 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Eddie MacKenzie: American criminal, a con-man, convicted drug dealer and author of a memoir about his years working for gangland leader, Whitey Bulger, Mackenzie describes himself as "a man almost irresistibly drawn to cons and scams according to reporter Kevin Cullen in an article published in the Boston Globe on 3/14/2004.
- Prince: American musician.
- Tracey Adams: American porn actress and director.
- Surakiart Sathirathai: Thai Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand.
- Christopher Marcantel in Smithtown: New York, USA; actor (Chip - Nurse, Loving).
- Francesca Thyssen: lugano, Switzerland -- Baroness
- Phillipe Boccara: Le Mans, France -- US sprint kayak (1996 Olympics)
- : American singer, composer and all-around rock actor; he signed with Warner Bros Records in 1977 on the basis of a one-man demo tape. His first film was "Purple Rain," 1982. A workaholic obsessed with his music, he is admittedly "not normal, exactly."
- 90th Belmont: Pete Anderson aboard Cavan wins in 2:30.2
- Battles between Turkish and Greeks Cypriots break out
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?