Friday 7 June 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Donovan's Reef, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1963 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Roberto Alagna: Italian-French singer, born to Sicilian immigrants and discovered in a Paris pizzeria, where he sang popular opera arias eight hours a night for tips.
- Steven David Rintoul: Bowral, Australia -- PGA golfer (1994 Buick-2nd).
- Ailsa McKay: Scottish economist and academic (d. 2014).
- Zasu Pitts: Actress (Wedding March, Life With Father), dies at 65.
- 1st Rolling Stones TV appearance (Thank Your Lucky Stars) and release 1st single, Come on
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?