Monday 7 June 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Wahlberg in Massachusetts and Alex X Mooney.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Want Ads by The Honey Cone.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1971 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Mark Wahlberg in Massachusetts: USA; rapper.
- Alex X Mooney: American politician.
- Terrell Buckley: American football player and coach.
- Alex Mooney: American lawyer and politician.
- Soviet Soyuz 11 crew completes first transfer to orbiting Salyut.
- The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- The Partridge Family - I'll Meet You Halfway
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?