Wednesday 7 June 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adrienne Frantz and Mini Anden.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to You're The One That I Want by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Grease, directed by Randal Kleiser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Revolver.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Basketball or Brain Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1978 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Adrienne Frantz: American actor, in TV soaps such as "Sunset Beach" and "The Bold and the Beautiful.
- Mini Anden: Swedish model.
- Anna Torv: TV Actress.
- Bill Hader: American comedian.
- Tony An: South Korean singer (H.
- 32nd NBA Championship: Washington Bullets beat Sea Supersonics, 4 games to 3
- Emmy 5th Daytime Award presentation
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 June 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- George Benson - On Broadway
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Wings - With A Little Luck
- Player - This Time I'm In It For Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?