Monday 7 June 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
Firefox, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1982 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Kurt Gidley: Australian rugby player.
- Germán Lux: Argentinian footballer.
- Shun Shioya: Japanese actor.
- Virgil Vasquez: American baseball player.
- 16th Music City News Country Awards: Barbara Mandrell
- LA Dodger Steve Garvey is 5th to play in 1,000 consecutive games
- President Reagan meets Pope John Paul II and Queen Elizabeth
- Steve Garvey plays in his 1,000th consecutive game and goes 0-for-4
- New York Mets draft Dwight Gooden, Roger McDowell and Randy Myers.
- US President Ronald Reagan meets Pope John Paul II and Queen Elizabeth II.
- Priscilla Presley opens Graceland to the public; the bathroom where Elvis Presley died five years earlier is kept off-limits.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Deniece Williams - It's Gonna Take A Miracle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?