Thursday 7 June 1990
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hold On by Wilson Phillips.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Dick Tracy, directed by Warren Beatty, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1990!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1990 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Josh Clark: Vine Star.
- Amy Childs: Reality Star.
- Iggy Azalea: Rapper.
- Fetty Wap: Rapper.
- Allison Schmitt: American swimmer.
- Barbara Baxley: Actress (Norma Rae), dies at 63 of a heart attack.
- Michael Jackson hospitalized for chest pains
- South African President F W de Klerk lifts 4 year olf state of emergency
- Universal Studios Florida opens to the public.
- Metropolitan Alexy of Leningrad is elected Russian Orthodox Patriarch of Moscow and all the Rus'.
- The 1990 FIFA World Cup begins in Italy.
- Prime Minister of Israel Yitzhak Shamir ends 88 days with only an acting government by formining a coalition of right-wing and religious parties led by Shamir's Likud party.
- June 8–9 ndash In the Czechoslovakian parliamentary election, Czechoslovakia's first free election since 1946, the Civic Forum wins the most seats but fails to secure a majority.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
- Madonna - Vogue
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
- Janet Jackson - Alright
- Linear - Sending All My Love
- New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?