Friday 7 June 1991
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Ratajkowski and Gary Rohan.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to More Than Words by Extreme.
In UK The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, directed by Kevin Reynolds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Loves Music, Loves To Dance by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kummeli.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blade Master or Deuteros.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1991!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1991 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
Famous Birthdays:07 June
- Eric Francis: Actor (Shillingbury Blowers).
- Singer Jimmy Osmond weds Michelle Larson
- Mount Pinatubo explodes generating an ash column 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) high.
- About 200,000 people attend a parade of 8,800 returning Persian Gulf War troops in Washington, D.C.
- A major collapse of ground at the Emaswati Colliery in Swaziland traps 26 miners 65 m below the surface. The men have access to a safe refuge chamber and are all rescued by a drill hole 30 hours after the rescue unit is first alerted.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Extreme - More Than Words
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
- Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
- Mariah Carey - I Don't Wanna Cry
- Michael Bolton - Love Is A Wonderful Thing
- R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- EMF - Unbelievable
- Whitney Houston - Miracle
- Luther Vandross - Power Of Love/Love Power
Top #5 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?