Wednesday 7 June 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 7 June 2006 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 June
- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi: Jordanian-born Mujahid (Born 1966).
- A meteorite impact event occurs in northern Troms County, Norway. Locals compare the resultant explosion to the nuclear explosion at Hiroshima. The impact location was apparently desolate, and no structural damage or casualties are reported. (PhysOrg)
- A constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage is killed when it fails to gain the three-fifths majority required for cloture in the United States Senate. 49 Senators voted for the motion, and 48 voted against. This also fell far short of the two-thirds majority that would have been required for passage. (ABC News)
- A Syrian military court issues an arrest warrant for former Vice President of Syria Abdual-Halim Khaddam on charges of inciting a foreign country to invade, and having contacts in Israel. Another military court sentences prominent pro-Democracy and pro-Kurd Syrian blogger Mohammad Ghanem to 6 months in prison after he is convicted of insulting the president, discrediting the Syrian government and fomenting sectarian unrest. (Al Jazeera)
- Swiss investigator Dick Marty concludes that there are ampquotserious indicationsampquot that the CIA operated secret prisons for suspected al-Qaeda leaders in Poland and Romania, adding that ampquotauthorities in several European countries actively participated with the CIA in these unlawful activities. Other countries ignored them knowingly, or did not want to know.ampquot (Washington Post)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?