Saturday 7 June 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Happening, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 7 June 2008 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Honor Warren: American child of noted parents, her mother is actress Jessica Alba and her dad is Cash Warren.
- Coco Quinn: Dancer.
- US Senator Hillary Clinton suspends her campaign to become the Democratic nominee for US president, and asks her supporters to help elect Barack Obama.
- Big Brown becomes the first Triple Crown favorite to place last in the 2008 Belmont Stakes in New York. The undefeated colt previously won the 2008 Kentucky Derby and the 2008 Preakness Stakes. The 38/1 longshot Da'Tara wins in a wire-to-wire finish. The last Triple Crown winner was Affirmed in 1978. (''The Ledger'')
- The Lord's Resistance Army, reportedly drafting recruits and acquiring new weapons, kills at least 23 people in attacks against south Sudanese troops. (BBC News)
- Cuba offers free sex reassignment surgery. (Reuters)
- Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper, Luke McCormick is held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. (Sky News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?