Wednesday 7 March 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1917 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Nancy Bass: American philanthropist, known as the 'First Lady of Fort Worth, Texas.
- Arthur Larkin: Ameircan business executive.
- Lee Young: American jazz drummer and singer (d. 2008).
- Davis Roberts: Mobile, Alabama -- Actor (Mr Johnson-Boone).
- Henri Frezieres: Mirepoix Military man.
- Robert Erickson: composer.
- Janet Collins: American ballerina and choreographer (d. 2003)
- Betty Holberton: American engineer and programmer (d. 2001)
- 1st jazz record Dixie Jazz Band One Step, recorded by Nick LaRocca Original Dixieland Jazz Band, released by RCA Victor in Camden, New Jersey
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - Peerless Quartet
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Morton Harvey
- Katinka (Medley) - Victor Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?