Thursday 7 March 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harald Gerlach and Daniel J Travanti.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1940 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Harald Gerlach: Writer.
- Daniel J Travanti: American actor.
- Viktor Petrovich Savinykh in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz T-4: T-13, TM-5).
- Rudi [Rudolf]: Dutschke; German student leader (Glasnost Berlin).
- Rudi Dutschke: German Marxist student activist.
- Daniel Travanti: American actor. He won two Emmys for his work on the TV show "Hill Street Blues" in 1981 and 1982, the Golden Globe Award 1982 and a Viewers for Quality Television Award 1985 for his portrayal of Captain Frank Furillo. Travanti was inducted into the Wisconsin Performing Arts Hall of Fame 1994. "Hill Street Blues" debuted 1/15/1981 and finished 5/12/1987 after 147 episodes and 26 Emmy Awards.
- Ray Steele beats B Nagurski in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA, to become wrestling champion.
- Montreal Canadiens lose record tying NHL 15th straight game at home.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?