Thursday 7 March 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harald Gerlach and Daniel J Travanti.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1940 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Harald Gerlach: Writer.
- Daniel J Travanti: American actor.
- Viktor Petrovich Savinykh in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz T-4: T-13, TM-5).
- Rudi [Rudolf]: Dutschke; German student leader (Glasnost Berlin).
- Rudi Dutschke: German Marxist student activist.
- Daniel Travanti: American actor. He won two Emmys for his work on the TV show "Hill Street Blues" in 1981 and 1982, the Golden Globe Award 1982 and a Viewers for Quality Television Award 1985 for his portrayal of Captain Frank Furillo. Travanti was inducted into the Wisconsin Performing Arts Hall of Fame 1994. "Hill Street Blues" debuted 1/15/1981 and finished 5/12/1987 after 147 episodes and 26 Emmy Awards.
- Ray Steele beats B Nagurski in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA, to become wrestling champion.
- Montreal Canadiens lose record tying NHL 15th straight game at home.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?