Thursday 7 March 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Fisher in London and John Heard.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1946 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Matthew Fisher in London: England; rock keyboardist (Procol Harum).
- John Heard: American actor, with a boyish appearance and personable manner, who won the 1976-77 Theatre World Award for his performance in the 1976 play "Streamers.
- Peter Wolf: American musician, a songwriter and the lead singer with the "J.
- Matthew Fisher: English singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Procol Harum).
- Clive Gillinson: Indian-English cellist and educator.
- Daniel Goleman: American psychologist and author
- Three to Make Ready opens at Adelphi Theater NYC for 323 performances
- British and American governments jointly announce the total score of enemy submarine kills during the war. Total enemy submarine losses from all causes: 996. Germany lost 781, Italy lost 85, and Japan lost 130.
- The 18th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
- Juho Kusti Paasikivi becomes president of Finland.
- Bolton Wanderers stadium disaster at Burnden Park, Bolton, England, 33 killed and hundreds amongst the injured
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 March 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Personality - Dinah Shore
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?