Monday 7 March 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven McHugh and Cath Phillips.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
East of Eden, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1955 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Steven McHugh: American merchant marine who was killed on 2/22/1990 in an explosion aboard the US-flagged Kuwaiti tanker "Surf City" in the Persian Gulf.
- Cath Phillips: New Zealand-Australian artist, journalist, publisher, and writer, Cath Phillips is one of the most prominent lesbians in Australia, having served as the first female president of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Michael Chance: English singer.
- Michael Friedman: American author.
- Anupam Kher: Indian actor singer director and producer.
- Tommy Kramer: American football player
- Tom Dugan: Actor (Pick a Star), dies at 66.
- 7th Emmy Awards: Make Room for Daddy, Danny Thomas and Loretta Young
- Mary Martin as Peter Pan televised
- Baseball commissioner Ford Frick says he favors legalization of spitter.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 7th Annual Emmy Awards are presented. Best Actor Starring in a Regular Series: Danny Thomas for Make Room for Daddy
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 March 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White
- Nat King Cole - Darling Je Vous Aime Beaucoup
- Four Aces - Melody Of Love
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?