Tuesday 7 March 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Beth Evans in Pasadena and Nicolas Dupont-Aignan.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
L'avventura, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hotel Victoria.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1961 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Mary Beth Evans in Pasadena: California, USA; actress (Katherine - General Hospital, Kayla - Days of Our Lives).
- Nicolas Dupont-Aignan: French gaullist and souverainist politician.
- Bice Vanzetta: Italian skier, an Olympic Bronze Medal champion at Albertville in February 1992.
- Mary Evans: American actress and producer.
- Mark Kumpel: American ice hockey player and coach.
- David Rutley: English businessman and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Ben E. King - Spanish Harlem
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?