Saturday 7 March 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bret Easton Ellis and Jeff Criswell.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Becket, directed by Peter Glenville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1964 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Bret Easton Ellis: American writer.
- Jeff Criswell: NFL tackle (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Amy Baltus in Bloomington: Indiana, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Nationals-13th-1992).
- Bret Ellis: American writer of "American Psycho" fame.
- Sophie Forte: French humourist, she appeared in the TV program "Frou-Frou" presented by Christine Bravo.
- Tommy Sheridan: Scottish politician, a district councilor jailed for anti-poll-tax activities. Running his campaign from prison, he was freed and elected.
- Wanda Sykes: American actress and comedienne
- Denyce Graves: American soprano
- Andrew Mackenzie: British physicist
- Franz Alexander: Hungarian psychoanalyst and physician (d. 1964).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- Dale & Grace - Stop And Think It Over
- The Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
- Bobby Goldsboro - See The Funny Little Clown
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?