Wednesday 7 March 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sebastien Izambard and Laurent Gané.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1973 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Sebastien Izambard: operatic pop singer (Il Divo).
- Laurent Gané: French professional track cyclist who was awarded the Vélo d'Or français, which is awarded by a panel of French journalists, in 1999 and 2003.
- Sébastien Izambard: French singer and member of the international band "Il Divo.
- Jason Bright: Australian race car driver.
- Işın Karaca: English-Turkish singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Ray Parlour: English footballer
- Comet (Lubos) Kohoutek discovered at Hamburg Observatory.
- Comet Kohoutek is discovered.
- In the 'Border Poll', voters in Northern Ireland vote to remain part of the United Kingdom. Irish nationalists are encouraged to boycott the referendum.
- Provisional Irish Republican Army bombs explode in Whitehall and the Old Bailey in England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?