Wednesday 7 March 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
Hair, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1979 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Rodrigo Braña: Argentinian footballer.
- Amanda Somerville: American singer-songwriter (Aina and Kiske/Somerville).
- Rodrigo Brana: Argentine footballer.
- Warren Giles and Hack Wilson selected to baseball Hall of Fame.
- Baseball exhibition season opens with semipro and amateur umpires.
- The largest Magnetar (Soft gamma repeater) event is recorded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?