Monday 7 March 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Bohn and Larry Asante.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chelmsford 123.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Bayou Billy or Kuri Kinton.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1988 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
Famous Birthdays:07 March
- Divine [Harris Glenn Milstead]: American transvestite actor (Hairspray, Polyester, Pink Flamingos), dies in Los Angeles, California at age 42 (born 1945).
- Divine : American actor and singer, the Drag Queen of the Century, a 375 lbs.
- Robert Livingston: American lawyer and politician 1st United States Secretary for Foreign Affairs (d. 1813).
- Jim Abbott, one-handed pitcher, wins 58th James E Sullivan Award.
- Two U.S. Army helicopters collide in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, killing 17 servicemen.
- U.S. presidential candidate George Herbert Walker Bush defeats Robert Dole in numerous Republican primaries and caucuses on ampquotSuper Tuesdayampquot. The bipartisan primary/caucus calendar, designed by Democrats to help solidify their own nominee early, backfires when none of the 6 competing candidates are able to break out of the pack in the day's Democratic contests. Jesse Jackson, however, wins several Southern state primaries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?