Friday 7 March 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, directed by Nicholas Stoller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nadaniyaan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 8Ball Allstars or Asda Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 7 March 2008 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 March
- A dozen tornadoes cause much damage in northern Florida and southern Georgia. Cars are flipped, trees and power poles knocked down, homes and businesses damaged, and two people are killed.
- The US Federal Reserve promises to provide up to US$200 billion in temporary loans to banks and bond-market dealers.
- Václav Klaus is sworn in for another term as the President of the Czech Republic. (Xinhua)
- Eight people are killed in separate attacks in central and western Kenya. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- In Germany the former Stasi informant Holm Singer won an interim injunction to prevent an exhibition from including his name and clandestine activities. (Reuters)
- Former Olympic gold medalist Marion Jones reports to a Texas jail to begin a six-month sentence for perjury regarding past steroid use. (BBC News)
- Colombia confirms the killing of FARC leader Iván Ríos by his chief of security. (AP via ''International Herald Tribune'')
- A United States Department of Labor report shows that the United States economy lost 63,000 jobs in February. (AFP)
- Pakistan's Election Commission announces the completed results of parliamentary election. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?