Saturday 7 March 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Prince Umberto and Umberto.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
Fast & Furious, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caucasus: Nanatsuki no Nie or Just Dance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 7 March 2009 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
Famous Birthdays:07 March
- Jang Ja-yeon: South Korean actress (Born 1982).
- NASA launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida the unmanned Kepler telescope to orbit the Sun to search for Earth-like planets with the potential to host life.
- The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and two civilians, the first British military deaths in Northern Ireland since The Troubles.
- The Kepler space observatory, designed to discover Earth-like planets orbiting other stars, is launched.
- Morocco terminates diplomatic relations with Iran. (AP via Google News)
- The United Kingdom's government increases its ownership stake in Lloyds Banking Group from 43% to at least 60%. (BBC)
- A car bomb in Peshawar, Pakistan, kills at least eight people. (BBC)
- Malaysia's Royal Police quell demonstrations in Kuala Lumpur against the use of the English language in schools. (BBC)
- More than 1,000 people participate in a pro-Tibet protest in London. (AFP)
- Anti-Israel protestors and Sweden's Police Service clash in Malmö, where the two countries were playing a Davis Cup tennis match. (AP)
- Palestinian National Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad resigns. (Telegraph)
- Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai flies to Botswana for medical treatment following a car accident in Harare in which his wife was killed. (BBC)
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai accepts the Electoral Commission's decision to hold a presidential election on August 20. (Al Jazeera)
- Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport holds a memorial ceremony for the nine victims of Turkish Airlines Flight 1951. (Radio Netherlands)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?