Thursday 7 May 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Arthur Snelling and Emile Martin.
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1914 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Sir Arthur Snelling: British Ambassador (d. 1996).
- Emile Martin: Cendras Musician.
- Arthur Snelling: English civil servant and diplomat.
- Edward Mollenhauer composer: dies at age 87.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 May 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Darktown Poker Club - Bert Williams
- Nearer My God to Thee - John McCormack
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?