Sunday 7 May 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Study in Scarlet, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 7 May 1933 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 May 1933 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
See other famous people born on 07 May
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1933?
- Science: Science vol. 77 issue 2001
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: William R. Hearst -- May 1, 1933
- Science: Science vol. 77 issue 2000
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This book was written in 1933 and became an international best-seller and a 1934 film. It tells the story of a southern Maine farm family in the early depression through the seasons of the year--starting and ending in winter a ...
Sinclair Lewis takes a distasteful and controversial subject and spins one of his best books. The book examines the feminist / women's suffrage during the early 1900's through the 1930's by following Ann Vicker's life.
When Robert Merrick's life is saved at the expense of the life of an eccentric but adored surgeon, the carefree playboy is forced to reevaluate his own path.
Tell the world why 7 May 1933 is such a special date for you!