Thursday 7 May 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Show Boat, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1936 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Anthony O'Reilly: Irish-Amerian homeland entrepreneur and CEO of the U.S.
- Bobby Joe Green: American football player (d. 1993).
- Cornelius Cardew: Composer.
- Bobby Green: American football player and coach (d. 1993).
- Robin Hanbury-Tenison: English explorer and author.
- Italy annexes Ethiopia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?