Tuesday 7 May 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
My Favorite Wife, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1940 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Vasilis N Triantafillidis: Greek comedian and actor.
- Armando Krieger: Composer.
- John Irvin: Actor (Moment in Time).
- Angela Carter: British Novelist (Magic Toyshop), dies of cancer at 51.
- Dave Chambers: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Jim Connors: American radio personality (Born 1940)
- George Lansbury: British Labour Party leader (Born 1859).
- Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister of Britain
- The Norway Debate in the British House of Commons begins, and leads to the replacement of Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain with Winston Churchill three days later.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?