Friday 7 May 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1943 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Christopher Taylor White: Rocker.
- Peter Horak: Jetboat jumper.
- Rick West: [Richard Westwood]; rocker (Brian Poole and Tremeloes).
- John Bannon: Australian politician, who served as the 39th Premier of South Australia, leading the Labor party to government at the 1982 election.
- Terry Allen: American country music singer.
- British 11th Huzaren occupies Tunis Tunisia
- Liberty Ship George Washington Carver, named after scientist, is launched.
- US 1st Armour division occupies Ferryville Tunisia
- US 9th Infantry division occupies Bizerta / Bensert Tunisia
- Dutch men 18-35 obliged to report to labor camps.
- US first Armour division occupies Ferryville Tunisia.
- American and British forces capture Tunis and Bizerte in North Africa. 160,000 German and Italian soldiers surrender at Tunis.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?