Saturday 7 May 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Bride of the Monster, directed by Edward D. Wood Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1955 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Sylvain Augier: French journalist, 1977-80, working for France-Inter from 1980, and television host noted in France.
- Peter Reckell in Elkhart: Indiana, USA; actor (Days of Our Lives).
- Kevin Reed: American theologian.
- Florența Crăciunescu: Romanian discus thrower (d. 2008).
- Clément Gignac: Canadian politician.
- West Europe Union established.
- 81st Kentucky Derby: Bill Shoemaker aboard Swaps wins in 2:01.8.
- USSR signs peace treaty with France and Great Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?