Tuesday 7 May 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1957 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Shauna McDonald Brown: TV producer.
- Véronique Jannot: French singer and actress discovered by Alain Delon with whom she played in "The Medic" directed by Pierre Granier-Deferre, in 1979.
- Ray Fernandez: American wrestler (d. 2004).
- [Christopher Saint John] "Sinjin" Smith in Los Angeles: California, USA; volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- Hercules : American wrestler (d. 2004).
- Ned Bellamy: American actor
- Barbara D'Urso: Italian television host, actress and singer.
- Kenneth Seguin: American homicide, found guilty on 2/04/1993 of 2nd-degree murder on three counts. A computer software executive, he hated to travel with work as it took him away from his family. He resigned from Prime Computer Inc in Framington where he worked from August 1980 to August 1991 as a marketing exec; he took a job at Banyon Systems in Westborough representing computer products. He had grown up in Fitchburg, an even-tempered, home-centered local citizen.
- Maj Johnson, USAAF flies a Lockheed Starfight to 17.28 miles (27.8 K)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?