Wednesday 7 May 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Thunder Road, directed by Arthur Ripley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1958 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Mark G Kuzyk: American physicist.
- Mikhail Biryukov: Russian footballer and manager.
- Mark Kuzyk: American physicist and academic.
- Anne Rafferty: English nurse and academic.
- Nyogen Senzaki: first Zen teacher to reside in USA, dies at age 81.
- Howard Johnson sets aircraft altitude record in F-104, 27,810 m
- Major Howard Johnson, US Air Force, sets aircraft altitude record in F-104 (Lockheed Starfighter), 27,810 metres.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Champs - Tequila
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?