Sunday 7 May 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1967 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Martin Bryant: Australian homicide.
- Adam Price: Danish chef and screenwriter.
- Joe Rice: American colonel and politician.
- Judith Evelyn: Dies of cancer at 54.
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Tall City Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- The Spencer Davis Group - I'm A Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?