Tuesday 7 May 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1968 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Joe King: NFL safety (Oakland Raiders).
- Traci Lords [Nora Louise Kuzma] in Steubenville: Ohio, USA; actress (Cry Baby).
- Traci Lords: American noted porno actress who took her name from her idol, Jack Lord in TV's "Hawaii Five-O.
- Lisa Raitt: Canadian lawyer and politician 30th Canadian Minister of Transport.
- Florian Schwarthoff: German hurdler.
- Lurleen Burns: wife of George Wallace/Governor of Alabama, dies at age 41.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?