Sunday 7 May 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1989 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Shortie : English rapper and producer.
- Master Shortie: British hip-hop and R&B singer-songwriter and rapper.
- Raina : Pop Singer.
- Earl Thomas: Football Player.
- Guy Williams: Actor (Zorro, Lost in Space), dies in Argentina at 65.
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA Crestar Golf Classic.
- Mark Merrony of Wales cycles for 30 minutes in Nepal at 21,030 feet.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?