Sunday 7 May 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible III, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 2006 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 May
- A disgruntled bus driver goes on a rampage in Dublin, Ireland, smashing through stopped and on-coming vehicles as he drives through streets, across tram lines and up the wrong side of a dual-carriageway. One woman is killed and 13 people more injured, including five Gardaí (Irish Police). Armed Gardaí open fire on three occasions to try to stop the bus. (RTÉ News)
- United States President George W. Bush announces his support for closing Guantanamo Bay detention center. (Reuters)
- Arsenal F.C. play their last game at Highbury, or Arsenal Stadium. They have played there for 93 years (BBC).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?